REACH & COVID-19
During the current COVID-19 outbreak, REACH is anxious to assist students with disabilities with their employment and career needs. Instead of being on campus, the REACH Advocate, Tyler Briggs, is working remotely. You are welcome to email him at email@example.com or schedule appointments via Zoom by calling the Careers & Experiential Learning receptionist at (801) 422-3000.
Please stay safe and healthy!
What is the REACH Program?
The REACH Program is housed inside of University Career Services, working in tandem with the department to assist students with disabilities in making the transition from university life to the world of employment. This transition is an exciting process of career exploration and development, which should begin early in the educational process. REACH can help you:
- Understand disability employment rights.
- Determine if and when to disclose your disability.
- Learn strategies for requesting accommodations.
- Discover disability-friendly employers.
- Get ready for job interviews.
- Prepare professional documents, eg. resume, cover letter, thank-you notes.
- Engage with Career Services at large to obtain industry-specific advice.
Students who are interested in furthering their career exploration are invited to contact the REACH Advocate:
C. Tyler Briggs, MRC, CRC
Phone: (801) 422-3000
Alumni Consultation Policy: Recent alumni with disabilities are welcome to have a limited number of appointments with the REACH Advocate up to one year after their respective graduation dates. Alumni with disabilities who have graduated more than one year before the current date may meet with the REACH Advocate one time to discuss referral options to community resources.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
Internship/Employment Opportunities for Candidates with Disabilities
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) Student Registration: August 24 - October 14, 2020
- OutREACH: Preparing Students with Disabilities for the Fairs (ZOOM): September 10, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- REACHAbility Employer Panel & Networking Event: October 7, 2020 from 3:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) Application Deadline: October 16, 2020
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Informational Interviews: August 25 & September 22, 2020
BYU Careers and Experiential Learning Events
- STEM Fair - Science: September 16, 2020 from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- STEM Fair - Math & Data: September 17, 2020 from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- STEM Fair - Engineering: September 23, 2020 from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- STEM Fair - Technology: September 24, 2020 from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Career & Internship Fair: October 1, 2020 from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Communications Career Fair: October 9, 2020 from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Life Sciences Career & Internship Fair: November 5, 2020 from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
- Government Fair: November 6, 2020 from 12:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Human Services (Non-profit, Public, Social Innovation) Fair: November 12, 2020 from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Click on the links below to find resources regarding each respective topic. These resources have been compiled to tailor specifically to the needs of students with disabilities.
Finding a job as a student with disabilities can be a daunting task. We've compiled an assortment of job boards below to help you in your quest to find the perfect fit.